Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 37 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

How much for full mouth extraction? Pain is minimal, teeth

Customer Question

How much for full mouth extraction?
JA: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?
Customer: Pain is minimal, teeth are rotten, I'm afraid of infection and other health problems.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?
Customer: Would have to be with sedation.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 2 months ago.

Do you have any idea of how many teeth that you have remaining? Do you have any xrays that you can upload? Are you sure that all of the teeth need to be extracted?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No xray yet, I'm pretty sure all need to be removed.
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 2 months ago.

Standby I am with a patient I will get right back to you. Do you know how many are remaining?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There may be 6-8. I can't eat with any of them.
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 2 months ago.

Here are some guidelines. Simple extractions run about $100 to $150 a piece on average. Surgical extractions can run in the $250 range. If there are 8 teeth with sedation the whole process may take less than 30 minutes.A ball park estimate to do them with sedation may be in the $1200 range.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 2 months ago.

Custom made dentures from start to finish may cost between $3000 to $4000 depending on where you live. I would suggest not having immediate dentures made.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 2 months ago.

Is there any other information that you need?

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 2 months ago.

If you have no further questions,please leave a rating so that we can maintain good quality control on this site. Thanks

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 2 months ago.

Can you please leave a rating if you are finished with your questions? We get no credit for our time without one. Thanks