Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist
Experience:  29 year clinical Practioner
43314942

I had a severe abcessed tooth #10 left upper next to k9

Customer Question

I had a severe abcessed tooth #10 left upper next to k9 tooth sweeling whole side of nose up to my eye, I had the tooth pulled still severely infected on Tuesday immediately followed ER with sizuires 105 temp been on clyndamyacin now it has been a whole week tooth hole healing nice minimal discomfort swollen next to my noise and upper lip is still present and painfull i feel there's something else going on. And also numbness to the area of lip please advise
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Just Dental Truths! replied 1 month ago.

The prolonged numbness that has not yet departed, is not extremely typical, and happens more on lowers than upper teeth. Nonetheless, I would expect the numbness to be gradually subsiding for you. Is it doing so - day to day? Paresthesia (prolonged numbness) does sometimes occur, but almost always will go away. So sorry, it's annoying, I realize. But, the odds are highly stacked in your favor that the prolonged numbness will indeed go away.

Please try to hang tough. Things should be, at least SLOWLY on the mend. As always, if you are overly concerned - I'd address the matter with the Dr. who numbed your #10 area, as he or she could explain perhaps better. I hope this helps you...

Dr. Rampton

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm more worried about a possible nasal abcess or something else why there is still swollen along side my whole nose that has not gotten bettr

I understand. The root of the front incisors often go way high up to the nose area and even into the nasal & maxillary sinus.

So, I don't want to kid you. Even though things generally (95%) of the time calm down within a few days or week, it can be double or triple the time, if into the sinus. Time (sadly) alone will tell. You mentioned the antibiotic. Are you out of them now? If so, perhaps calling your Dentist tomorrow for another series of antibiotics may be helpful. I'd try to keep your Dr. in the loop!

I do hope you might be feeling better tomorrow! And, if not, perhaps you could get another antibiotic from your Dentist, and maybe call and stop by to have him take a visual peak. But, you should, even though slow, be getting better. And I hope such happens quickly for you...

Dr. Rampton

*Please feel free to ask any follow up concerns. Also, please do rate my answer, if you would please. All the best to you!

Good morning. Are you feeling any better today? I certainly do hope so!

Dr. Rampton