Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 37 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

My friend saw a dentist for an extraction. He charged 80 for

Customer Question

My friend saw a dentist for an extraction. He charged 80 for the extraction and 50 for the exam. Now she got the bill after it went to the insurance and he also charged 400 for the numbing medicine???
How in hell is that possible? You pay separately for the numbing at the dentist?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 2 months ago.

They can charge anything they want to charge but the insurance company has a schedule of fees that they will pay for each zip code.I am sure that the insurance did not pay for the local anesthesia.Are you looking at an estimation of benefits or are you looking for how much your friend will actually have to pay?We do not charge for local anesthesia.The insurance company in almost all cases will not pay for it either.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Yeah will she have to pay now for the anesthesia? The 400?
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 2 months ago.

There is no way that she will have to pay for the anesthesia.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 2 months ago.

If you can take a picture of the bill or EOB and upload it,I could help you figure out the statement and interpret it for you.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 2 months ago.

Is there anything else that I can help you with?

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 2 months ago.

Do you still need help figuring out this bill?

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 2 months ago.

If you have no further questions,can you please leave a rating so that we can maintain good quality control on this site ? Thanks