Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 37 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

I got my lower right last two teeth extracted about 12hous

Customer Question

I got my lower right last two teeth extracted about 12hous ago. My cheek is swollen enormously the pain is unbearable. This is on my right side. Also, my left side of my cheek is swollen nothing was done to that side. And, the inside of mouth both on the right and left side is swollen..why?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dental
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also, what is the strongest pain relive one can take,
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 month ago.

Are you taking any medications that you just started taking in the last day?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am on clydomicin something like that. I am allergic to Percocet, Tylenol, motric, amoxicillin penicillin..just started clydomicin yesterday why u ask. and since I am allergic to so much what pain medicine can I take
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
also what is going on with my mouth u didn't say
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 month ago.

I am concerned because if nothing was done on the left side of your mouth,why you are having swelling there.The most likely cause is an allergic reaction.Clindamycin would be the drug of choice considering your other allergies.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 month ago.

Did they write any prescription for pain medicine for you after the extraction? Were you swollen on both sides before you started the clindamycin?

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 month ago.

Are you having any itching or red areas on your skin on any other parts of your body?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no itch or redness left side just a little swollen. what type of pain medication can I take..dr. gave me Percocet with Tylenol can't take that I am allergic to Tylenol and percoet what would u give..
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 month ago.

Ibuprofen or Motrin and Tylenol are the best over the counter medications for pain but you say that you are allergic to them.The other medications that are over the counter that can be used are Naproxen or Alleve and aspirin.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have so many allergies, its not allergic reaction trust me..have used the epi pen more than I want
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
naproxen alleve and aspirin..doesn't alleve have motrin in it..and I am talking prescitption medication need something a lot stronger than otc..what prescription would u give
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 month ago.

They can also prescribe Tramadol for the pain but it will require a prescription.Do you have any teeth that need work done on the left side of your mouth? The only other possibility if it is not an allergic reaction is an infected tooth or a blocked salivary gland.It would be very coincidental that it would show up at the same time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have two cavities on the right that need to be filled..tramadol does nothing for me
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 month ago.

Alleve is a different anti inflammatory called Naproxen.It has not motrin in it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I met to say two cavities on the left side
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 month ago.

I am concerned about the left side because nothing was done there. Did the swelling on the left start at the same time as the swelling on the left?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that is okay can't afford it..if I was your patient what pain medication would u give..what is oxycodone
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 month ago.

The other pain medication that is not related to codeine is Dilaudid.This is a prescription item also.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am trying to view your profile but don't know how..lol
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 month ago.

If you are allergic to Percocet,none of the codeine preparations can be used.That includes Vicodin,Lorcet Lortab,and Tylenol with codeine.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 month ago.

You can Google Howard Katz DDS in Pasadena Maryland.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what would u prescribe
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 month ago.

First I would try to figure out why you are in such terrible pain/If the surgery was difficult and you could not take the common narcotics that we use, I would prescribe Dilaudid.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 month ago.

Have you rinsed your mouth since the extraction were done.Is the pain mostly on the right side?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank u enjoy your thanksgiving
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 month ago.

Did you have any swelling before the extractions were done?

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 month ago.

I wish that I could help you some more but I need some more information from you.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 month ago.

If your swelling is from infection,you should see some results from the Clindamycin in the next 48 hours.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 month ago.

When you get a chance,could you kindly leave a rating so that we can maintain good quality control on this site? .Thanks

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 month ago.

Is there anything else that I can help you with?