Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 35 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

I am 72 and sudden speech impairment which could be my old

I am 72 and sudden speech impairment which could be my old root canal fitting. I am not sure what to do as far as dental appointment or primary health appointment. Can you advise?
JA: Have you seen a dentist about this yet?
Customer: No - I have lived in Washington a little over one year. Moved from California and not established a dentist here.
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: Not sure to make a dental appointment first or see my primary doctor first.

Your root canal has nothing to do with your speech impairment.You need to get to your primary care physician or go to an Urgent care facility ASAP to be evaluated.Your problem is neurological and has nothing to do with your teeth or an old root canal filling.

Is there anything else that I can help you with?

If you have no further questions,could you kindly leave a rating so that we can maintain good quality control on this site? ?Thanks