Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

I had a dental clearance about 4 weeks ago. I started

Customer Question

I had a dental clearance about 4 weeks ago. I started getting severe pain in my gums. I had a few bony particles come through. The dentist said I had an ulcer. My pain is so severe that I have been taking increased doses of my endone and OxyContin which I have for chronic pain. I'm also taking anti inflammatory medication and using topical ointment. What could be wrong
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 22 days ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Just Answer.

To help me make a better diagnosis, can you upload a photo of that area here?

You can refer to these step-by-step instructions to upload your photo: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Alternatively, you can just use an external photo sharing site like www.imgur.com and copy-paste the URL of the image here.

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I don't think I could get a picture of it.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
You can see bits of the jaw. The ulcer is right by it
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Lower back of the jaw

Im sorry but the nature of your question is such that a photo would be required for a confident answer from me. Would you like me to opt out, so that another expert can try to answer it by guesswork, without a photo.

Regards,

Dr. Behere

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I'd just like some suggestions of what it might be. If it's fairly normal that's ok but it the pain makes me think that something is wrong
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
If I need a photo this conversation should end. I suppose guesswork isn't very helpful
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I'm on my iPad so couldn't get a photo anyway
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I think I'll go to the dental hospital