Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

I had a dental clearance about 4 weeks ago. I started

Customer Question

I had a dental clearance about 4 weeks ago. I started getting severe pain in my gums. I had a few bony particles come through. The dentist said I had an ulcer. My pain is so severe that I have been taking increased doses of my endone and OxyContin which I have for chronic pain. I'm also taking anti inflammatory medication and using topical ointment. What could be wrong
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Just Answer.

To help me make a better diagnosis, can you upload a photo of that area here?

You can refer to these step-by-step instructions to upload your photo: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Alternatively, you can just use an external photo sharing site like www.imgur.com and copy-paste the URL of the image here.

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't think I could get a picture of it.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
You can see bits of the jaw. The ulcer is right by it
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Lower back of the jaw

Im sorry but the nature of your question is such that a photo would be required for a confident answer from me. Would you like me to opt out, so that another expert can try to answer it by guesswork, without a photo.

Regards,

Dr. Behere

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'd just like some suggestions of what it might be. If it's fairly normal that's ok but it the pain makes me think that something is wrong
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If I need a photo this conversation should end. I suppose guesswork isn't very helpful
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm on my iPad so couldn't get a photo anyway
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I think I'll go to the dental hospital