Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

The roof of my mouth turned in the front and is still a

Customer Question

The roof of my mouth turned white in the front and is still a normal color in the back. the pain is in a tooth that has been extracted and capped. not a metal cap. i need quick pain relief. what do you suggest until i get dentist appointment?
JA: Is the pain consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: it is consistent but if i put any pressure on the tooth or the roof of my mouth the pain fluctuate
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: it started 2 days ago with just a toothache. the furthest back molar is the tooth it developed in. the cap wiggles and seems to be further up then usual, so i think it might be loose.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 16 days ago.

To help me make a better diagnosis, can you upload a photo of that area here?

You can refer to these step-by-step instructions to upload your photo: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Alternatively, you can just use an external photo sharing site like www.imgur.com and copy-paste the URL of the image here.

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
that is the roof of my mouth.
Hello,Thanks for the photo.1. There is nothing majorly wrong with the roof of your mouth. If you are smoker, that is keratinization of the hard palate due to the smoking.2. I also see that there is an erupting wisdom tooth behind the laat visible molar, the one with the cap that is now loose. That wisdom tooth could also be the source of your pain.3. If the capped tooth is the source of the pain, then a X ray would be required to tell us if that tooth has developed an infection. See your dentist as soon as possible.4. For now, alternate between Advil and extra strength Tylenol every 6 hours.Hope this answers your question. Please leave a positive rating if my answer has helped you.I do not get credit for it otherwise!Regards *****
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 15 days ago.

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further question, do write back!

Regards,
Dr. Behere