Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

I have been diagnosed with thrush oral thrush and they have

Customer Question

Hi I have been diagnosed with thrush oral thrush and they have given me nystatin and just overnight I seem to of gotten rid of most of the white patches but the weakness and shortness of breath and migraine are still in full force and even though those white spots now I have a lot of phlegm which is just Cotney white yucky stuff I believe everything will Get better but unfortunately I didn't get diagnosed for a couple weeks and the underlying condition there are many because I was on antibiotics steroids I do have MS so no surprise according to my doctor that I would have this but when am I going to get some of my energy back is the main thing which I also know it's probably partly due to not being able to eat I have lost several pounds and I cannot wait to figure out but my two major things are anything more I can do for the phlegm and the weakness and fatigue I mean I want to take my dogs for a walk I can't even run my business and I need some dental work greatly done so can you give me an idea of things I may be able to do to speed up the fatigue process this stuff really makes you not want to do anything and I am a go-getter normally well I really was before I got MS and as you know MS already made me weak and this has just kicked my butt anything you can suggest to help me so I can make my dogs happy to
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 7 months ago.

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Is your immune system otherwise weakened?

Do you have any other symptoms?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry for the inconvenience I fell asleep that's part of this thrush thing that's driving me crazy I can't stay awake the only thing as I mentioned as I have MS so I used to be tired but nothing like this and I took Adderall XL 30 mg to combat that but since the thrush I just feel weak and wore out and everything I look online says that's normal it'll go away when the thrush does and it's only been a few days on treatment but the sooner I can get up and energized I'm thinking it could be that I have gotten also so much rest that I can remember spending 10 days in the hospital and it took me forever and I was only 25 then to get back to my normal self but this is just horrible because I feel wore out and I'm thinking how can I be so if it's the thrush what else can I do Believe me if I can get up on my feet I have no problem paying you for whatever info that you gave me I value opinion because I'm tired of looking online and pretty much all I'm getting that Waze everybody's a green with white oh yeah I have that I have that and no underlying conditions besides the MS and as soon as I started the nice Staten the patch is cleared up but then the thrush or the phlegm from the back of my throat increased and I'm sorry but I feel like I'm choking. But good news is white patches are going away and also hoping a real meal because in two days I have eaten a small can of green beans and this is the only thing that didn't make me cry and I have lost weight about 10 to fifteen pounds from 112 to last tues at dr was 98.5 pounds and he said I also do have b 12 anemia besides this health issues I believe I Am good to go although I feel like big and cancer hVe been mentioned weather talking or writing someone which is sore subject and have been tested because I became in such a panic I couldn't even work you see I lost every member of my family because of some type of cancer so not exactly a nice subject but I believe I faced it so I do take concerns about anything very serious oh and this I should have mentioned before Anything else about two months ago I noticed my teeth becoming very pain ful and we're loosing enamal and then ft after that started happening I became terrified as I used to hVe some of the most beautiful teeth and then once on antibiotics and ms stuff seems like I'm just falling apart but also both my brother and sister lost teeth before age of twenty but they had also suffered their whole lives from fetal alcohol syndrome and since it always looked like just major plaque built up I thought they were lazy but now looking bac that's what happened I could. Brush teeth. It not even with toothpaste as it burned horrible and then again gurus followed but their cancers were colon my dad was bone well it was everywhere by the time they found it my mom was never around thank god and my sister actually had cervical cancer but what took her life was by pass surgery I had always thought I was the blessed one always had great eyesight and teeth and above average intellGience but now I feel like it's all like I said falling apArt and I'm scared because I am on my own and run my own business and I have been unable to work and yes as soon as I can I plan on returning to dentist and facing the music but right now I can't open all the way without pain and worried about choking if I had to lay flat on ack for awhile yes I know absurd but I'd like him or her to enjoy me being a patient instead of being crying and whiny I do plan on sedation as well I was traumatized at the age of twelve by a dentist but I'm better now just know I will probably be saying goodbye to my natuRal teeth as every day no matter how much I brush floss it still continues ok I know very long but I rather g e u every angle take your time if u can help u will be the number one person in my life. I've been so irritable and crabby so this has to go