Drew Moore DDS MS
Drew Moore DDS MS,
Experience:  Periodontist at E Drew Moore, DDS, MS
96424466

I have some very time lumps in ventral tongue, no painful

Customer Question

I have some very time lumps in ventral tongue , no painful and not red or white
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Dental
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Added photos
Expert:  Drew Moore DDS MS replied 27 days ago.

Hi. I'm Dr. Moore, a board certified periodontist. We deal with oral pathology on a daily basis. Hopefully, I can help you. Is the reddish spot raised, at all?

In general, I don't think anything looks out of the ordinary. You have arrows pointing to the areas. One is red. Does that one feel like it moves or is raised from the tongue surface, at all?

Most lesions in the mouth and the tongue are benign; they are nothing. The reason I asked is that a raised lesion could be from biting, or some other trauma. If these are not raised, do not grow in size, or become ulcerated or raised, I wouldn't worry about them. If any of the things I just mentioned do occur, then go to a periodontist, have them removed and sent in to an oral pathology lab for analysis. The results will most likely come back as something basic and benign.

I am leaving my practice for the evening. I'll try to check later, or in the morning.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
It's hard to see now but it was slightly raised before.
Expert:  Drew Moore DDS MS replied 25 days ago.

So, like my previous statement, wait awhile. If these go away, don't worry. And I am mainly talking about the reddish one. The other spots are normal glands. They may be a little inflamed for some reason. If the lesion grows, then get a biopsy. It is a quick and simple thing to have done. If I can answer any other questions, please let me know. If you need to revisit this in a month or two, please come back. If I have answered your questions and helped you with your concerns, I would really appreciate a great rating. Take care.