Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 35 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

It feels like gums on cheek near both of teeth in back extra

Customer Question

Hi it feels like gums on cheek near both of teeth in back extra puffy. Not sure, I've seen dentist a couple of months ago and I think it's been there for a while.
JA: Are you experiencing any swelling? Do your gums bleed when you brush or floss?
Customer: Little bleeding. But nothing crazy. It seems like my teeth are biting my gums
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: Such as. I mean I have a pic
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 26 days ago.

Can you upload the picture so I can give you a better idea of what is going on?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Ok just did
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 26 days ago.

There is nothing really abnormal looking in the pictures that you have posted. Can you get a shot that is a little more closeup of the area?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
When I sleep at night it feels like I'm biting my gums near my wisdom teeth. I used to have a retainer and I have not worn in 4 years. Is my gums swollen on my cheek??
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 26 days ago.

I cannot see any wisdom teeth in these pictures.You may have upper wisdom teeth that are irritating the gums by sticking out towards the cheek which will cause cheek biting and puffiness of the gums.These pictures though do not reveal any erupted or partially erupted wisdom teeth.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Well how do the cheek gums look?
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 26 days ago.

There is nothing pathological going on.Some people have a habit of sucking on their cheeks and biting on them.This will cause some puffiness of the cheeks.There is no real indication of trauma in these pictures.The cheeks look normal.They are not ulcerated or ,whitish or bleeding.If you can pull the cheek out so I can see if there is a wisdom tooth sticking sideways into the cheek,I could confirm that the wisdom teeth are the problem.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Ok I appreciate it! Thank you for the quick response!
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 26 days ago.

No problem.When you get a chance ,please leave a rating so that we can maintain good quality control on this site .Thanks