Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

I think I might have an infection in my mouth and throat. I

Customer Question

I think I might have an infection in my mouth and throat. I need to know how to take care of it. I have these little bumps on my tongue and they get bigger at the back of my tongue. The tip of my tongue is sensitive to the touch. What do u think it might be
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 month ago.
Hello,Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.Other than the sensitivity in the tip of your tongue, is there anything else that makes you think you have an infection?I say this because the bumps on the back of your tongue are absolutely normal. They are circumvalate papillae, everyone has them. They do look scary if you haven't see them before, but that is exactly how they normally look. You can look up the term on Google Images and see for yourself.However there is some food debris that is causing the whitish discolouration of your tongue. I suggest you use a tongue cleaner and gargle with Listerine for a few days.Also, start some multi vitamin supplements for 2 weeks.Hope this answers your question. Please leave a positive rating if my answer has helped you.I do not get credit for it otherwise!Regards, *****

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further question, do write back!

Regards,
Dr. Behere