How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. G Your Own Question
Dr. G
Dr. G, Dentist
Category: Dental
Satisfied Customers: 132
Experience:  OMS
94852287
Type Your Dental Question Here...
Dr. G is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Been unable to open my mouth more then a inch for 2 weeks.

Customer Question

Been unable to open my mouth more then a inch for 2 weeks . emergency room gave me a shot and antibiotics.neither worked.dentist charged me 259 for exam that they couldn't even do and told me to come back after antibiotics were done so they could pull the infected tooth.after 6 days on the antibiotics the infection in my jaw has spread and even more intense pain.called dentist and they said go back to er but er already told me to see a dentist cause they Don't have a dentist.cant eat or sleep and no one is helping.what do I do?
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. G replied 2 months ago.
Hi you have a progressing infection which must be drained and tooth extracted to resolve. I suggest going to a level I Center where they have residency training if at all possible. Bot***** *****ne you need treatment asap.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sure what is a level 1 center?
Expert:  Dr. G replied 2 months ago.
It's a trauma designation. Usually in major cities where they have residency training programs. What city are you in?
Expert:  Dr. G replied 2 months ago.
The key for you will be finding a hospital which has an Oral & Maxilofacial Surgeon on staff.
Expert:  Dr. G replied 2 months ago.
This will get you prompt and full treatment without the problems you are experiencing now. However if you rapidly decline most hospitals have ENT on staff which can also manage your sitiuation
Expert:  Dr. G replied 2 months ago.
please do not delay getting treatment - head to your nearest ER, preferably one with an oral & Maxillofacial surgeon on staff now. Failure to do so can have serious consequences such as you ending up on a ventilator in the ICU to protect your airway or possibly even a tracheostomy in your neck if your airway gets blocked from swelling/infection
Expert:  Dr. G replied 2 months ago.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can answer for you. Also if you wouldn't mind taking a second to rate me this is how I receive credit for my answers. Thanks!
Expert:  Dr. G replied 2 months ago.

Were you able to get your situation resolved?

Expert:  Dr. G replied 2 months ago.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can answer for you. Also if you wouldn't mind taking a second to rate me this is how I receive credit for my answers. Thanks!