Edward Magida
Edward Magida,
Experience:  owner/dentist at Newtown Dental Care
95401246

I have a similar question. I keep going back to my immediate

Customer Question

I have a similar question. I keep going back to my immediate denture after 2 attempts by 2 different dentists to make permanent dentures. I have had both permanent dentures relined and then again with a soft liner. One permanent denture does not fit due to the pallet. I have a high pallet. This one keeps digging into the pallet and the technician says she can't fix it. The second permanent denture was a very expensive one. The technician said I needed my jaw moved forward so he added a longer gum. I call them "high heels" because they are so big. He also used tiny baby like teeth which do not chew food well. I have benign mucous membrane pemphigoid. My gums are tender so I had soft relines on all as a last resort for fit. The technicians say my condition is why my dentures do not fit. However my original dentures that were put in when teeth were removed still fits. Little loose now. It could use a reline. I am frustrated and running out of money.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Edward Magida replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thanks for asking your question. I'm curious about whether you were allowed to see and try the new dentures both times in their pre-finished state which is called a "wax try in"? Dr Magida

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did with the expensive one .one that was supposed to move jaw. I told him I did not like it. He kept saying I would like it when it was finished. The other made by the office that pulled my teeth said my mouth was always changing due to the MMP. That is why the pallet did not fit but they would do a reline to make it fit. They did and it was the same. She said she could not fix it because the plastic there was too thin. I keep wondering why the best fit is with the original intermediate. I can't make sense of this.

Without seeing you and the dentures it would be hard to comment about why things might not fit correctly. If you did not like the initial fit of the other 2 dentures, you should have asked for your money back and moved on. Quite honestly it sounds like the best thing to do would be to have a reline to the ones you like. Aside from getting a reline which should fix the looseness, are the teeth themselves in ok condition?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have spent so much money. My intermediate needs a reline but I am afraid it will get ruined and then I will have nothing. It has a soft liner and is 6 mo. old. It is just a teeny tiny bit loose.

If you are afraid it will get ruined in the process, than leave it alone. You should try to see a denture specialist, called a prosthodontist to get a new set. Explain your past and make sure he/she lets you try things in and you like things before they are finished.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Of course the immediate that fits is not as pretty. The gum is kind of smeared over some of the teeth and they are whiter than my lower teeth. I am 80.5��.

If you won't get the teeth relined and you can't afford new ones, than you might have to use some adhesive to help hold them in place and do the best you can with them.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. I s
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I shall look for one.

I hope they can help you. That type of dentist is usually the one who can help when all else fails. Good luck. If you have no more questions would you please rate my answer so I can get credit? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Dr. Magda was most helpful. I will follow his advice. This has been a great experience. He is very knowledgeable and understanding.

Hi again,

Would you please rate my answer so I can get credit. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
5 stars. Knowledgeable, understanding, and professional. I will follow your advice.
Expert:  Edward Magida replied 30 days ago.

Hi again,

There is a button you need to click to give me credit officially. Sorry to bother you with this.