Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 35 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.

My 8 yeara has broken the teeth next to the canine tooth.

Customer Question

Hi my 8 yeara has broken the teeth next to the canine tooth. Not sure if it's a parmament
JA: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?
Customer: Bout a year and half. No. Think it one of his small molars.
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: It the tooth next to the canine closer to the back. He was eating popcorn and broke it. Not sure if it a baby tooth.
Submitted: 4 days ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 4 days ago.

The tooth behind the canine tooth in an 8 year old is a baby molar.Can you upload a picture of the tooth so that I can get an idea of the severity of the break?Do you have a specific concern?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank u I will take him to the dentist. My main concern was it a big molar. Just was not sure. Thank for your advice
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 4 days ago.

It is no problem. These teeth will fall out in a couple of years by themselves and will be replaced by the bicuspid teeth.They are not the permanent molars

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 4 days ago.

When you get a chance,,,,,,please leave a rating so that we can maintain good quality control on this site.Thanks