Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA

I have a small, bump on the inside of my lower lip. It

Customer Question

I have a small, white bump on the inside of my lower lip. It almost looks like a whitehead. It's been present for a number of weeks now (6-8). It is not painful and I cannot express anything from it. I am hoping it is a blocked gland or something but since I am in my 50s, I am a bit concerned. I cannot get an appointment with an oral surgeon until 01 November.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: No pain.
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: It's located in the middleof my lower lip. It causes no pain. It is not ulcerated. I had a separate small mouth ulcer which healed within a few days but this remains.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Hegland replied 13 days ago.

Is there any way that you could submit a picture of this white lesion to give you a better answer/impression of what you may be dealing with?