Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist
Experience:  29 year clinical Practioner

I have a really bad pain in the left side of my mouth and

Customer Question

I have a really bad pain in the left side of my mouth and there doesn't look like there is anything wrong but is absolutely kills
JA: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?
Customer: There is no swelling and I think it might be tooth pain or jaw pain I'm not sure which one
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: I don't really know how to explain it, just the left side of my mouth is absolutely killing, there are no obvious signs, my immediate thought was my teeth
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Just Dental Truths! replied 17 days ago.

I'm assuming you'll likely be unlikely to see a Dentist on Sunday(?) If you can, that would be awesome. But, if not, perhaps you can make certain to get in to see one on Monday! I'd be guessing somewhat, but the most likely thing to bring on a rapid onset of pain type which you are having, would very often be an abscess. If that is what it is, don't worry, it can be taken care of, but you'll need to see a Dentist, have a couple of x-rays for definitive diagnosis and treatment to get you feeling better again. It "could" be a cavity too. But cavities generally are slower coming on of pain, and not such rapid onset.

Nonetheless, I'd recommend seeing your Dentist of choice asap! Then they can get you feeling GOOD again.

Dr. Rampton

*Please don't hesitate to ask any additional questions/concerns - OK?