Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.

I use to see blood in my teeth when I woke up and it's

Customer Question

I use to see blood in my teeth when I woke up and it's bleeding
JA: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?
Customer: A little swollen
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: Last 2 years
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 17 days ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

It seems that you are suffering from gingivitis, which is inflammation of the gums. What is worrying, is that it is not brought about by any trigger factor like brushing, but is occurring spontaneously.

At best, ***** ***** bleeding of the gums could be because of a localised infection. The oral cavity has many bacteria that normally reside in it. When situations become favourable for them, they multiply and cause infection.

What you would need is a thorough scaling and root planing procedure to get rid of all the local irritants. Also, professional counselling regarding your oral hygiene habits will help.

Please read these two excellent references on gingivitis:

And at worst, there is some underlying medical condition that is causing the gums to bleed without any trigger.

Till you can visit your dentist, you can start using any mouthwash containing Chlorhexidine Gluconate, an antiseptic-antibacterial.

Also, avoid spicy and hot food. If you are a smoker, cut down on your smoking for a few weeks at least.

Hope this answers your question. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Dr. Behere

Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 14 days ago.

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further question, do write back!

Dr. Behere