Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Experience:  Endodontist (DDS,MS)-49 years of practice, Endodontics Professor at Loyola University School of Dentistry, Air Force Veteran

The right side of my mouth keeps hurting and only the right

Customer Question

the right side of my mouth keeps hurting and only the right side i've tried pain meds origel nothing seems to work what can i do
JA: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?
Customer: yes i do have tooth pain but i haven't noticed swelling
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: its just the right side of my mouth and the right side of my teeth i can't eat without exrusiating pain
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Root Canal Doctor replied 21 days ago.
Hi, thanks for posting your question.
Sorry to hear that you are in so much pain. It appears that you have either an infection starting or decay that has gone into the nerve sees of your tooth. If it has been awhile since you have had a dental exam then it would be a good idea to call your dentist in the morning for an emergency visit in order to ascertain exActlybwhat is causing your problem and treat it so that you will be pain free. For now I suggest you n you can take 2 Advil (400mg) every 4-6 hours along with 2 Tylenol (650 mg) every 4-6 hours. Please do not use this regimen if there is a history of peptic ulcer or liver disease or if you are taking blood thinners. This combination is as effective as a prescription medication.
If you need more information please let me know. Thanks.
Expert:  Root Canal Doctor replied 20 days ago.
Hi, just following up to see if you were able to see your dentist this morning and if you are feeling now better? Thanks.