Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist
Experience:  29 year clinical Practioner

Wisdom tooth infected, been on antibotic for 1-2 days and it

Customer Question

wisdom tooth infected, been on antibotic for 1-2 days and it still hurts. Jaw still swollen
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Just Dental Truths! replied 22 days ago.

So sorry you're hurting!

Please stay on the antibiotic, as they often take 2-3 days to begin to begin showing any relief. And, in truth, it may take a different antibiotic (not saying it will, but it "might"), so keep in touch with your Dental team.

And I'm assuming you have a prescription for pain from your Dentist? If not, I'd get one.

Lastly, do you have an appointment for having the tooth removed? I'd try to get it extracted, if it is causing this difficulty for you. Because even if the pain goes away, it will almost always "come again" on another future day and time. And please try to swish several times a day, maybe every couple hours, as it will help as well! I hope this might be os some assistance to you.

Dr. Rampton

*Please let me know if you have any additional concerns, prior to rating my answer - OK?