Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.

I have a tiny bump/swelling? way up above one of my front

Customer Question

I have a tiny bump/swelling? way up above one of my front teeth, practically to my nose. It is sensitive when I press on it, but otherwise doesn't cause any pain. No pain in teeth around it or sensitivity to hot or cold in the teeth or gum. Any thoughts onwhat this could be
JA: Is the pain consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Only really when I press on it. I noticed it Monday and it hasn't gotten better or worse and it's not really pain...more like sensitivity - very mild pain maybe
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: It's above my front Left tooth, like I said on the on the gum but up very high almost to the nose. I have a dental impant in the tooth next to it (3 years ago)....I fell on ice and cracked the tooth right below it about 13 years ago.....big chip, which was restored and has been fine. They xrayed me at the time and saw no damage to the root or the rest of the tooth, just cosmetic. Had full x-rays about 7 months ago - nothing showed up
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 25 days ago.

To help me make a better diagnosis, can you upload a photo of that area here?

You can refer to these step-by-step instructions to upload your photo:

Alternatively, you can just use an external photo sharing site like and copy-paste the URL of the image here.

Dr. Behere

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I have attached a picture.....there is not much to see. I really have to press up toward my nose to feel the bump - not as all visible by looking in my mouth. Maybe I should mention, I also have had sinus/allergy issues the last few months. Possibly something related to that?If you are looking at the picture, the implant is the tooth on the left - the bump is above the tooth on the right

The only possibility that I can think of (and only because the bump hurts when you press on it) is that this tooth sustained some trauma as well years ago.

Although nothing showed up in X rays 7 months ago, it is possible that there could have been an abscess that has developed in these 7 months. The first and best thing would be to get a X ray done.

If the X ray is normal, then the bump can be safely ignored.

Hope this answers your question.Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Dr. Behere

Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 24 days ago.

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further question, do write back!

Dr. Behere