Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

I had two cavities filled with the white composite, dentist

Customer Question

I had two cavities filled with the white composite, dentist had to remove the silver filling to get to the new cavity in the same tooth. He also bonded my two front teeth due to enamel loss. This was almost 4 weeks ago. I went back 5 days later because all of my teeth, especially the upper ones hurt all the time. Sometimes my lower teeth hurt too. What do I do now? My dentist thinks I'm grinding my teeth and is recommending I have a tooth guard made, very expensive. I have not made a decision on that. I never have had this kind of all over tooth pain before. Thanks for any help.
JA: Is the pain consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Mostly consistent, sometimes better than other times. Have tried ibuprofen, doesn't help.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I'm quite sure my dentist knows my medical history. I've never had an issue like this. Up until the procedure, I was fine.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Root Canal Doctor replied 8 months ago.

Hi , thanks for posting your question today.

I need to ask you for some additional information.

Are you sensitive to biting or chewing? Are you sensitive to hot or cold foods? Did your dentist adjust your bite (occlusion) to be sure that you were biting evenly everywhere at the same time? Does your jaw hurt when you awake in the morning? Thanks.