Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 35 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.

I just had 6 teeth pulled on top and 2 on bottom. I was

Customer Question

I just had 6 teeth pulled on top and 2 on bottom. I was given a temporary partial for the top. I was given postoperative instructions on the extractions. However, I know nothing about the partials. Am I supposed to take them out, leave them in? Please advise :)
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 month ago.

You can take them out whenever you like.After you eat,rinse them off and place them back in your mouth.It is ok to sleep with them,just take them out for an hour or so every day to let the tissue have access to air.You may need a couple of adjustments over the next few weeks as the tissue and bone shrink back while healing.If you develop any sore spots,return to your dentist to have them adjusted.This only takes a couple of minutes.There is no requirement to keep them in or out after the extractions.They were made primarily for cosmetic purposes.In a few months,a more permanent restoration will be made.To clean them,use a tablespoon of white vinegar in a half of a glass of water and let them soak for 20 minutes,You can brush them with a regular toothbrush to remove any debris.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 month ago.

Did I cover all of the information that you needed to know about the partial?Please let me know if there is any other specific information that you need.