Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA

I have a temporary bridge and it is causing me pain. It is

Customer Question

I have a temporary bridge and it is causing me pain. It is also loose. Can I remove it for at least a few hours?
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Well I've been fidgeting with the bridge and it seems to remove the local gum pain, but I also have jaw pain around the area which is confusing to me. The pain has gotten worse over the past day or two
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: Keep hitting back on my phone by mistake.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dental
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am also still healing from quadruple wisdom teeth removal. But the healing seems to be going well. Jaw pain is getting bad. Soreness under jaw next to bridge... Any chance a tonsil is infected? Gyms are inflamed around bridge. Waiting to get in contact with primary dentist asap.
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 month ago.

When were the wisdom teeth extracted and how long ago was the temporary bridge placed? Do you have any swelling? Did the same dentist do the extractions at the time the bridge was prepared.Can you be more specific about where the pain is?

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 month ago.

Are you still there??