Dr. Hegland
Dr. Hegland, Dentist
Experience:  Dentist at Dental Care on Demand
92107790

I have had dizzy spellls and headaches for like a year now.

Customer Question

I have had dizzy spellls and headaches for like a year now. I have been seen by many doctors and all my labs come back normal. It's come to point I don't know what is causing my headaches/ dizziness of balance feeling. This only happens on one side of my head the dizziness and offf balance feeling. This is the same side I have an impacted wisdom tooth. No pain or infection. I have this tooth impacted for like 10 yrs or so. Have not had money to take it out. I also have tinnitus on the same side where my impacted wisdom tooth is. Could this be causing all my problems?
JA: Do you have any gum pain? Do you any discomfort in your jaw?
Customer: I did before like 2-3 years ago. But it went away
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: Like what?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Hegland replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I do not believe that your dizzy spells and tinnitus is coming from the impacted wisdom tooth. The headaches could be associated with a temporomandibular joint problem on your affected side. Most individuals have the vertigo symptoms from an inner ear problem and calcification of crystals within that inner ear. If you've been evaluated by an ENT in regards ***** ***** you may be experiencing some type of pinched nerve in your neck that causes symptoms of this. You could visit a spine doctor or you could even try a chiropractor (if you believe in that alternative treatment) in regards ***** ***** issue. But this is not associated with a wisdom tooth to answer your question.