Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA

I think my dentist mess up on my crown. It doesn't fit well

Customer Question

I think my dentist mess up on my crown. It doesn't fit well and this is the second crown he had done already I have a gap between the crown and my tooth just like the first crown and was the reason he went back to redo it. but now the 2nd crown has the same issue as the first plus I'm getting a warm or hot cheek and discomfit from my saliva on the side of my mouth it is especially noticeable when i brush my teeth I had 12 days from when the new crown went in and i just spent the whole weekend feeling this dull ache in face it feels like i didn't have a root canal done. I also been having headache from the crown being too short that makes my bite is off. I think my dentist doesn't know how to do crowns. Should explain this to my dentist and ask for another redo or Can I ask for a refund?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Edward Magida replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thanks for asking your question. If the reason you had the crown replaced the first time is the same reason this crown has a problem , than I would ask for my money back and go to a different dentist. Obviously something about this tooth or the lab the dentist uses is not working right and I would advise you to move on. Something doesn't sound right.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is it common to have white fillings between the crown and tooth and have it cemented with a led light? Because when I leave to the office i have a white line that fell out and left a gap there I'm also having trouble flossing my tooth as the floss is get hook on the crown.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
These are photos of the 2 crowns I had done the 2nd is way to short now.