Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist
Experience:  29 year clinical Practioner
43314942

ARe you real person? So, I was soming that synthetic right.

Customer Question

Hi ARe you real person?
JA: I'm an assistant to the Dentist. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: So, I was soming that synthetic right. And my body stopped accepting water and made me vomit everything, i was always sweating couldn't keep water down. My whole mouth is still numb. It comes and goes sometimes in the day, and always comes back. Sometimes if I focus hard enough on a something it'll go away. But once I think of my mouth it just comes back again idk what to do.
JA: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?
Customer: I have a tooth that fell off In the back for about 2 years half of it's still there but that isnt were the problem is my whole mouth is numb. I but a moouthguard in cause somtetimes icant control the clentching idk what to do
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: I don't know what you need to know. Exactly, my mouth had that fading tingly fading you mention in here. It went away, while I was in the ER. Then just randomly came back. And all my teeth are numb. ok
Category: Dental
Expert:  Just Dental Truths! replied 2 months ago.

May I help you?

Dr. Rampton

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

How are you feeling today? Any better than last night?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do not want to spend 50$ for a phone cal..
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My teeth went un-numb last night and I had full sense. But after I woke up, it slowly came back after a hour.

Who suggested a phone call?

I just was wondering if you were any better?

Are you feeling this numbness, albeit is better today than yesterday? Is it more dominantly on one side over the other? Example, more felt on the right side. Upper teeth, lower teeth, etc.?

Dr. Rampton

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's my whole mouth man, for the most part today it's dissipated, but my back teeth are still numb. /:
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's dominatly on both of my backteeth. It startd happening after I quit smoking that synthetic marijuana stuff.

Maybe you know best then, how to ascertain that it won't re-occur???

On a serious not, when numbness occurs, it is almost always localized to one side (left or right), and generally on the bottom or top, but not generally both.

What would I do?

1) Perhaps stay away from what you know causes it.

2) Additionally, if it 'should' reoccur, I think I'd try to see either Dentist or Physician, as a hands on approach would be much more ideal.

But, I'm very happy you feel it is dissipating! I hope much continues...

Dr. Rampton

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
In my case, it's on both of my back teeth. The numbing has faded dramatically, but there is that slight sensitivity when I touch them together as if the numbness is there. And I guess If it goes away, I will never smoke that shit again. When something like this generally happens, is it serious ??

I'm more - avoid the known problem, and "watch & see" approach person. I'd be inclined to do that first. See if it indeed subsides altogether, and go from there. Will it go away, only time will tell. But, I'd say the odds are much improved to say yes.