Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

I have pain in my upper tooth for some time,i feel i can't

Customer Question

i have pain in my upper tooth for some time,i feel i can't bite on it,i am dizzy and have head pressure,i think it may be from the tooth issue
JA: Is the pain consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: it fluctuates but when it's there it's a pressure,also the dizziness is up and down,when i lay down it becomes better
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: i had a root canal done which i was never comfortable with after,but now the tooth next to it is where i cant bite,feels like that whole upper part is not even
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

.

The dizzyness and the head pressure is mostly unrelated to the tooth. The pain however could be due to various reasons. The tooth that has had a root canal could have a re-infection. Or the crown that was made following the root canal could have caused your occlusion (bite) to go askew.

Honestly, without a physical and X rays it is impossible to diagnose what the cause could be. Please see your dentist for the same.

Meanwhile, also see your physician to rule out any sinus issue that could be causing the head pressure.

Till then, switch between taking 400 milligrams of ibuprofen (e.g., 2 tablets of Advil), and 1000 milligrams of acetaminophen (e.g., 2 tablets of extra-strength Tylenol) every 3 hours. Be careful not to use these medications if you have had previous adverse reactions to either, or if you have had gastritis or peptic ulcer disease in the past, or if you have liver disease.

Hope this answers your question. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further question, do write back!

Regards,
Dr. Behere