Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Experience:  Endodontist (DDS,MS)-49 years of practice, Endodontics Professor at Loyola University School of Dentistry, Air Force Veteran
76222449

Can I remove excess dental repair from my dentures, No I was

Customer Question

Can I remove excess dental repair from my dentures
JA: Have you seen a dentist about this yet?
Customer: No I was using an over the counter repair because one tooth fell out but I used too much. I won't be able to get to the dentist for a few days due to my schedule
JA: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?
Customer: No 6 months ago
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: I was using over the counter dental repair and used to much and the denture won't fit is there anyway to remove excess
Category: Dental
Expert:  Root Canal Doctor replied 2 months ago.

Hi Sharon, thanks for posting your question today.

You can remove the excess repair material with sandpaper or if you have fine tooth drill bit you can remove the excess that way as well.

Dentists use burs and grinders to remove excess acrylic from dentures. If you have a file with small teeth you can try that as well and finish smoothing it with sandpaper. This happens often when using home repair kits from the drugstore. Hope this helps and good luck. If you need more information about this issue please do not hesitate to ask. A positive rating for our conversation is how I get credit for responding. Thanks.

Hi Sharon, just following up to see if you were successful in adjusting your denture. If you need more help please let me know. Thanks.

Are you still there?