Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist
Experience:  29 year clinical Practioner
43314942

I had some gum pain a few days ago in between 2 of my teeth.

Customer Question

I had some gum pain a few days ago in between 2 of my teeth. I did a lot of rinsing and took ibuprofen for the inflammation. Once the pain subsided one of my teeth felt a little loose. About time I went in to see the dentist, the tooth didn't seem loose anymore and whatever pain was there subsided. The dentist took x rays, examined the tooth and couldn't find anything wrong with that. What could've caused this and what issue could the dentist have missed?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Just Dental Truths! replied 2 months ago.

I would tend to go largely by what the Dentist told you. With the aid of both a visual exam (him looking at your tooth & teeth), together with the added benefit of an x-ray of the involved tooth. The x-ray itself would show the bone level. Your bone level must have been good, as expected with the young age of 37. And think of that bone level, similar to good soil around the roots of a tree. If little soil, the tree is possibly positioned to fall over in a storm, etc. Similarly, with good bone level, your tooth can withstand daily pressures from chewing we put upon them.

While I don't know specifically why your tooth seemed temporarily loose, it was apparently & fortunately NOT a permanent problem. I can speculate that you had a minor infection, as we all can get. Such may allow your tooth to be temporarily tender/loose, but since it is back to normal - and bone looks good (or your Dentist would have told you), I don't think you likely have any real concerns.

Me? I'd of course watch & observe for the forthcoming weeks. But, "likely" you will not tend to have any further problems with the tooth, and what you already experienced was a temporary issue, which we all can have happen to us! I hope this help you Sir.

Dr. Rampton

*If you have any further concerns, please don't hesitate - OK?

Does the above make sense?

Still there?