Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA

Does Dr. Alex review files for dental malpractice? I have a

Customer Question

Does Dr. Alex review files for dental malpractice? I have a client for which a dental cord was used for placing a temporary crown, and it was not removed. Three weeks later the cord was removed and there was a putrid smell. A few weeks later he went to the ER for a severe sinus infection. We have an ID expert to tie up the cause of the infection. email is***@******.***.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?
Customer: Client has recovered mostly after ER visits, days in hospital, etc.
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: See above -- dental cord left around crown foundation while temporary crown in place. Is leaving in situ a dental cord a deviation from the dental standard of care
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Hegland replied 1 month ago.

Are you trying to seek advice specifically from Dr. Alex? Or any dentists on Just answer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
From my read of Dr. Alex's response, he had the "right answer," so I thought he may be interested. If you or others are interested, I would be happy to work with someone other than Dr. Alex. I see that you are a "Verified Expert." Are you, therefore, comfortable with forensic dentistry?

I'll opt out due to not wanting my professional opinion taken as more than a personal testimonial. If Dr. Alex doesn't timely respond to you, then I'll come back to your question.

Expert:  Edward Magida replied 1 month ago.

Can any other dentist chime in?