Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 35 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.

DENTIST We have paid for advice and have trouble getting an

Customer Question

DENTIST We have paid for advice and have trouble getting an answer. I have a hard lump under my tounge
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 month ago.

Please check your email.I have responded to your question and I need a little more information from you.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 month ago.

If the overlying tissue is pink and is just behind the lower teeth,this is nothing more than a mandibular torus.These are benign growths of bone that are not pathological and need no treatment.They are quite common and vary greatly in size and position.Every now and then , coarse food may irritate them but that will resolve itself in a short time.These growths are slow growing and have most likely been there for many years.They are also referred to as exostoses.There is nothing to worry about.