Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 37 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

I have a hard lump on my gum behind my bottom teeth can you

Customer Question

I have a hard lump on my gum behind my bottom teeth can you tell me what it might be please .
JA: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?
Customer: went to the dentist three weeks ago . my next visit is 14 October .no swelling in my gums
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: IT IS AHARD LUMP ON THE GUM THE SIZE OF A SMALLPEA IT IS NOT PAINFUL JUST FEELS UN COMFORTABLE
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 6 months ago.

Is the tissue over the lump pink like the other gum tissue?

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 6 months ago.

I have responded to your question on your second posting.You need to check your email from the second post.Since you have posted the same question twice,please contact Customer Service so they will not charge you twice for the same question.Thanks

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 6 months ago.

I am not sure if you have read my response,but the area that you are describing sounds like a mandibular Torus.These are benign growths of bone that are not pathological and need no treatment.There is nothing to worry about.These growths are also called exostoses and can be found anywhere on the hard tissues of the mouth.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 6 months ago.

Are you still there??