Edward Magida
Edward Magida,
Experience:  owner/dentist at Newtown Dental Care
95401246

I just chipped a front tooth by falling and hitting my mouth

Customer Question

I just chipped a front tooth by falling and hitting my mouth on a marble table. It does not hurt to rinse my mouth and tooth with water, there wasn't pain when I touched the chipped area with an ice cube. I assume that means I did not expose a nerve. My question is it ok to wait to see a dentist (I do not have insurance) untill I can afford to have the tooth capped?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Edward Magida replied 2 months ago.

Hi, Thanks for asking your question. How much tooth did you chip off? Is it possible to send a photo so I can see what exactly you did? Dr Magida

Hi again...it's ok if you can't send a photo. It is good that you have no pain or sensitivity to water or ice. that probably means the break was not into the nerve. I would recommend that you see a dentist to at least get an xray taken of the tooth to make sure you did not fracture the root below the gumline. If you did not fracture the root and the tooth does not bother you than you probably could wait awhile to get the tooth fixed with a crown if that is what it needs. I hope this helps you. Do you have any other questions?

Hello? Can I answer any other questions for you?

If i have answered your question, would you please rate my answer so I can get credit for it? Thanks and good luck