Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 35 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

I fractured my right upper molar. The fracture extends from

Customer Question

I fractured my right upper molar. The fracture extends from the area just by the gum base all the way to the middle of my tooth. I don't feel any pain but am experiencing some sensitivity. Can this wait until tom or is it an emergency.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 3 months ago.

Can you put biting pressure on the tooth without feeling a lot of pain? Does the fracture seem to move under the gumline?

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 3 months ago.

Is the fractured piece still present or did it come off completely?

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 3 months ago.

I am not getting a response so let me give you some information.If the piece is off and you have some sensitivity to temperature,that would be normal.You do not seem to have an emergency situation because the tooth is not bleeding and there is no swelling present.If the piece is moving,you may have some difficulty chewing on that side.If the fracture is above the gumline,there should be no problem restoring the tooth.From your information,it does not seem like you have an emergency and waiting until tomorrow to have this tooth looked at will not be a problem.I will be away from the computer for a bit but I will check back later to see if you have any further questions.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 3 months ago.

If you have no further questions,could you kindly leave a rating so that we can maintain good quality control on this site ? Thanks