Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

Question for a dentist please

Customer Question

Question for a dentist please
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 5 months ago.
Hello,I am a dentist. What is your question? Please write back with as much detail as possible.Regards, *****
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I spent two years having Invisalign to prep my teeth for a bridge to be put in for a missing tooth.
The dentist did quite a bit of work to my teeth after the Invisalign to prep for the bridge installation.
Immediately after the bridge was installed I began having pain in one of the teeth that was worked on and was told I have a fracture in the cusp.Now my dentist wants to have repair work and I am very disappointed.I spent a lot of money on the Invisalign and the bridge and would like to have had a better outcome.
Hello,Thanks for the details.It's unfortunate that you have had this experience. A tooth fracture is difficult to predict and diagnose, and even more difficult to treat.What us the supposed cause for the fracture? The invisalign certainly cannot cause the fracture. Were your teeth root canaled as well?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I believe the tooth was fractured during the prep work for the bridge. He did quite a bit of drilling getting the two teeth ready for the bridge installation.
I did fine with the Invisalign.And no root canal.....
Oh dear, if the tooth was fractured during the crown preparation that is really sad.It might need a root canal now, followed a new crown.I hope your dentist gives you a discount now!Hope this answers your question. Please leave a positive rating if my answer has helped you.I do not get credit for it otherwise!Regards, *****

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further question, do write back!

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There was no crown placed for the bridge. The bridge had "wings" made out of a material other than metal which matched the color of the tooth.
The pain in the adjacent tooth never had pain or a crack before the bridge work was done.