Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist
Experience:  29 year clinical Practioner

I have gum recession around a front implant. he implant is

Customer Question

I have gum recession around a front implant. he implant is tight but when Iuse diluted peroxy 50/50 in burns and I do feel sensation through out the day What can be done and is my implant ok
JA: Have you seen a dentist about this yet?
Customer: Yes he suggested a periodontist although I am having a bridge replaced tuesday and they said that dentist could do gum work. The bridge doesn't hurt at all but I have decay and am doing it before it does. But what I feel is tooth #8 at tyhe gum
JA: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?
Customer: Wednesday had a cleaning and they gave me an At said my mouth looks like a hygentist mouth
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: Thats all i can tell you, what do ,they do about recession around an implant
Category: Dental
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When i say implant is tight I mean it is tight in my gum
Expert:  Just Dental Truths! replied 2 months ago.

Sometimes peroxide, while mixed with water 50%, can still be a bit "burning" to the gums. While it likely will not hurt you to continue, you may want to back off the mixture ratios, perhaps using 3/4 water with 14 peroxide. It will likely be less caustic to your burning sensation to your gums, and hence less burning throughout the day.

As always, let the majority of your time be with brushing good first, and with part of the time with the 'soft' bristles of the brush angles at a 45 degree angle into to gum sulcus. Then flossing well. And lastly, rinsing good with the preferred mixture, spoken of above. I hope this helps you... ( -:

Dr. Rampton

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
But if I have gum recession what would they do?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I gave you my cc and the answer is not enough... I want to know what to do about gum recession

You mentioned how you were encouraged to see a Periodontist. If you've had gum recession to a small amount, "often" no need for anything. But if it is a moderate or further progressed condition, the Periodontist can add more gum tissue to often reinstate the more desired gum level.

The procedure is called a 'gum graft'. Required having the involved areas numbed, and the donor site (often the roof of the mouth) has your tissue taken from and given to the recipient site (around #8). The donor site heals up & relatively quickly as well.

The site seems to be having some problems(?), but I'm here...

Does the above make sense, as to gum grafting, for gum recession?