Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA

My extraction sites are severely painful and I have a few

Customer Question

My extraction sites are severely painful and I have a few painful ulcers as well. If my dentist is closed tomorrow, should I go to another dentist? Or employee health where I work?
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: The pain has increasing from a level 3-8 in past week. Eating makes it worse. Salt water rinses make it better. Baking soda rinse helps. Tylenol and Motrin were working but I feel like it's now contributing to ulcer pain
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 2 months ago.

Hello, for me to give you a better answer, is it possible for you to upload a photo of that area here? You can either attach the photo directly with your reply or use an external photo sharing site like and paste the URL of the photo in your reply.