Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

I have a bump over a back molar on my left side. I just

Customer Question

I have a white bump over a back molar on my left side. I just noticed it. It doesn't hurt when I press on it, just a weird sensation goes down my tooth. After I press it there's a bad taste in my mouth. It doesn't shrink or anything though. There's no tooth pain or anything. My face isn't swollen or anything, just the weird bump. What is it?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 3 months ago.

To help me make a better diagnosis, can you upload a photo of that area here?

You can refer to these step-by-step instructions to upload your photo: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Alternatively, you can just use an external photo sharing site like www.imgur.com and copy-paste the URL of the image here.

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Yea, I just added a few. They aren't very good, but there's a few to look at.

Thanks for the photos, they are good enough, dont worry.

The bump is absolutely normal. You could have a wisdom tooth coming in there, causing the bump to appear. It is just normal mucosal tissue. You do not need any tests or treatment.

Hope this answers your question.Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't have any wisdom teeth, as they were removed back in 2008. It's not anything to worry about if there's a bad taste when I push on it?

In that case, I suggest you get a X ray done for that area. It will show any infection if present under the bump.

And there is nothing to worry about even if it gives a bad taste when you push on it, it is nothing serious.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't need to be making an appointment with my dentist then?
Hello,You do need to make an appointment, to get a X ray done to rule out an infection.But it not urgent, you can wait for a while.Meanwhile try to gargle with warm salt water twice everyday.Hope this answers your question. Please leave a positive rating if my answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.Regards, *****
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I was able to take a better photo. I've attached it.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Here's another.

These set of photos are so much better, I see the bump clearly now. Thats not a wisdom tooth for sure, I can say that now.

It still doesn't look like anything dangerous, possibly an abscess (infection), either dental or gum related. Do visit your dentist for a physical and X rays to rule that out.

Hope this answers your question. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further question, do write back!

Regards,
Dr. Behere