Edward Magida
Edward Magida,
Experience:  owner/dentist at Newtown Dental Care
95401246

Burning mouth,tongue,gums,lips, this has been going on for

Customer Question

burning mouth,tongue,gums,lips, this has been going on for one year now. No one can find out how to help
Category: Dental
Expert:  Edward Magida replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thanks for asking your question and sorry to hear you are having a problem. I need some more information about what happened. The burning in all those areas started after you had 2 upper teeth treated? What was done to those teeth at the time?

Dr Magida

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The Two upper front teeth were filled. After I got home, that night this problem happened. He shot me on the upper gum.

So both of your lips and your tongue also burns even though you only had an injection near your upper lip? What did the neurologist say?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The neurologist tried everything,nothing worked. He said probably not caused by dentist

Can you elaborate on what the neurologist did?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He gave me a lot of different medicines to take. Cymbalta, lyrica,topiramate 25, gabapentin 300 mg

It sounds like he was not quite sure what was the source of the problem. I agree that I do not think it was the dentist that caused things. I would highly suggest that since you have tried a neurologist and that did not help, I would have you be seen by a dentist who specializes in oral medicine. They may be more attuned to help diagnose your problem. There are not many of these type of dentists around. If you go to this website, you should be able to find the closest one to you, http://www.aaom.com/ Please contact an oral medicine specialist soon to hopefully help you. I hope this will help. Do you have any further questions?

If you have no more questions, would you kindly rate my answers so I can get credit. Thanks

Expert:  Edward Magida replied 4 months ago.

Was wondering if you still need help with this?