Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Experience:  Endodontist (DDS,MS)-49 years of practice, Endodontics Professor at Loyola University School of Dentistry, Air Force Veteran
76222449

I have a patch and bumps on the inside of my bottom lip and

Customer Question

I have a white patch and bumps on the inside of my bot***** *****p and my tongue feels like I burnt it what can this be?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Root Canal Doctor replied 3 months ago.

Hi Debora, thanks for posting your question today.

If you can upload a photo it would help in the diagnosis.

You can use this link for instructions: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert ,

You can use the "PAPER CLIP ICON" ,

OR you can use a photo hosting site like: http://imgur.com/, http://photobucket.com/ and then send me the link.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just want an educated guess what this could be I don't have braces or teeth problems
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am awaiting an answer for the money I paid

Without photos this is pure guess work but I will try. Most white patches arise from friction from biting and chewing and they are similar to callous formations on the skin. Other bumps on the lips and tongue could be mucoceles which are minor salivary glands that become clogged and will disappear over time on their own.

The most common causes of tongue related pain are:

1. a fungal infection

2. a nutritional deficiency

3. a reaction to spicy foodstuff or vinegar

4. grinding teeth at night .

5. glossitis (inflammation of the tongue) from a viral infection.

6. burning mouth syndrome due to stress and other psychosomatic factors

So you see there are many possible causes of tongue discomfort or feeling like it has been burned. Most of these will resolve themselves within 2 weeks and if not then you would need to see a dentist. Hope this helps. If you need more information about this issue please do not hesitate to ask. A positive rating for our conversation is how I get credit for responding. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What about the red patches and white patches on the inside of my lip?

Most red patches and white patches are from chewing and biting and are just bruises and they too will disappear on their own unless you keep irritating them. Very common to see them on both lips and cheeks. If you need more information about this issue please do not hesitate to ask. A positive rating for our conversation is how I get credit for responding. Thanks.

Too bad you are unable to upload a photo of these areas but just remember if they are around for more than 2 weeks you will need to be seen. If you need more information about this issue please do not hesitate to ask. A positive rating for our conversation is how I get credit for responding. Thanks.

Hi Debora, did you need more information?