Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Experience:  Endodontist (DDS,MS)-49 years of practice, Endodontics Professor at Loyola University School of Dentistry, Air Force Veteran
76222449

I have lost all of my teeth on the bottom of my mouth except

Customer Question

I have lost all of my teeth on the bottom of my mouth except 4 of them. How am I going to have a denture fit and be able to chew properly if I don't have any teeth to attach it to. I have been been very worried and embarrassed about my situation. Plus I see people stare at me I am so ashamed about this plus I do not want the teeth they put in your bone. I have suffered so much with tooth infections and dry sockets. I really don't know what to do about this
Category: Dental
Expert:  Root Canal Doctor replied 4 months ago.

Hi Helen, thanks for posting your question today.

Depending on which 4 teeth are left and how good the bone support is will help determine your choices. Please let me know which teeth are left. One option is to have them removed and have a full removal denture made. Another option is to have some implants and an over denture made (not your first choice from your comments). Another option is to utilize the remaining teeth (depending on which ones they are) and prepare them to hold an over denture. So you see there are many options available to help you so please do not worry. You need to have a dentist examine you and have Xrays taken and then you will be offered several options to choose from. Please do not be embarrassed by your situation because the dentist is very accustomed to seeing patients just like yourself who feel the same you do about your situation. No need to worry. Hope this helps. If you need more information about this issue please do not hesitate to ask. A positive rating for our conversation is how I get credit for responding. Thanks.

Hi Helen, did you need more information?

Expert:  Root Canal Doctor replied 3 months ago.

Hi, do you still need more help with your question?