Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist
Experience:  29 year clinical Practioner

Is it possible to hiv lump in muccal regions

Customer Question

Category: Dental
Expert:  Just Dental Truths! replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry, the question you had didn't come through - would you please re send your question? Thanks!

Dr. Rampton

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have lump and nodes in.cheeks both the side under jaw behind the ear one side from almost 11 years now I tested negative for hiv 1 and rapid test 1-2 recently should this is possible for hiv to create lump in muccal region

The foremost decisive way to be tested for negative (as you previously were) or positive is to get your Physician to run the HIV known test/s - which will tell you with clear cut definiteness. I certainly hope you do not have such!

With regard to the lumps & nodes you mentioned, I would think that they are lymph nodes, quite common in the area under the jaw and ear area, and nodes are very common & on there own accord - NOT hurtful. I can feel nodes right now in the same area on my face/jaw, etc., as you feel. So, the nodes/lumps I would say are not any conclusive positive or negative.

However, I would recommend getting tested for HIV by your Physician, if you have any thought that you possibly may have such. I indeed wish you the very best!!!

Dr. Rampton