Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

I have a mild tooth infection side of my face is swollen in

Customer Question

I have a mild tooth infection side of my face is swollen in need of antibiotics prescription without going to urgent care I have medical insurance
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

Unfortunately, no one can write a prescription online for you. Go to the local pharmacy and see if you can get some over-the-counter Amoxycillin 500mg. Take two tablets daily for 5 days and get to a dentist ASAP.

You need X rays to identify the tooth causing the infection , and then you need a root canal or an extraction. Medicines will just delay or slow down the infection temporarily.

Right now please apply ice to your face, to stop the swelling from spreading.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Regards,

Dr. Behere

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further question, do write back!

Regards,
Dr. Behere