Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I t my front tooth in a bike accident......the tooth has

Customer Question

I hit my front tooth in a bike accident......the tooth has been sore for about 10 days. Does it mean the tooth will die? If it heals on its own, about how long could it be sore?
JA: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?
Customer: No swelling
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: I went to the dentist the same day I hit the tooth
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

No. This does not mean that the tooth is going to die for sure......but it does sound like a pretty sever injury.

So What should you do?

In order to have the best chance of the tooth being OK you should see the dentist for a repeat exam. Try to go to the same on you saw on the day of the injury.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS