Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

I have a lesion that won't go away my dentist did not think

Customer Question

I have a lesion that won't go away my dentist did not think that it looked concerning give it another week or so. It has been 6 weeks and it is still there. Now I have also noticed for about 2 or more weeks my tounge has some bumps on the sides, should I be worried and get another opinion?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Michael Korn, DDS replied 7 months ago.

Hi, another opinion won't hurt and most dentists will do it for free if you ask when making an appointment. You could also go straight to an oral surgeon for an exam; that's who I would refer you to if I had concerns about a soft tissue lesion. When I see something out of the ordinary I generally wait two weeks, re-evaluate it and if it's still there and concerning I'll refer to an oral surgeon, or oral pathologist if you have one in your state. In the state of Washington oral surgeons fulfill that role.

best regards,