Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

I have a porcelin bridge with composite metals underneath,

Customer Question

I have a porcelin bridge with composite metals underneath, and the porcelin is now chipping. These metals are dangerous to the CNS...so is there any concern here?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 7 months ago.
Hello,Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.So you have a PFM bridge, that is Porcelain Fused to Metal.The metal layer is the inner layer, called the coping. That can be seen when the porcelain chips off. It is most commonly a nickel-chromium or a cobalt-chromium alloy.No, that is not a concern at all to the CNS, don't worry.However please visit your dentist as soon as you can so that the bridge can be repaired.Hope this answers your question. Please leave a positive rating if my answer my answer has helped you.I do not get credit for it otherwise!Regards, *****

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further question, do write back!

Regards,
Dr. Behere