Dr. G
Dr. G, Dentist
Experience:  OMS
94852287

Crown fell off of tooth that has had a root canal. It's

Customer Question

Crown fell off of tooth that has had a root canal. It's Friday and my dental office is closed. Can I wait till Monday to get it re glued?
JA: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?
Customer: I had the work done on the tooth on 7/7/16
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: I am having the permanent cap put on 8/5/16. Can I wait until this coming Monday to go in and have the temporary cap re glued into place or should I contact my dentist at home? Hate to bother him if it can wait.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. G replied 7 months ago.
Hi what I would suggest you do. If you are able to determine the tooth orientation and how the temporary goes on and off. Add a small dot of Vaseline inside the crown and the press up. This will retain the crown well usually and not harm anything below. The other option is temporary cement from your local drugstore. If you aren't able to figure this out it should be ok until Monday am but this isn't the best option.
Expert:  Dr. G replied 7 months ago.
By press up I mean "seat the temporary crown" and be sure your bite feels normal.
Expert:  Dr. G replied 7 months ago.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can answer for you and if you wouldn't mind leaving a rating for me I would appreciate it as this is how I get credit for my answers :).
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks so much; appreciate the help.
Expert:  Dr. G replied 7 months ago.

You are welcome. Please leave a rating when you have a chance :)

Expert:  Dr. G replied 7 months ago.
Anything else I can answer for you? Just a friendly reminder to leave a rating as this is how o get credit for my answers. Thanks!
Expert:  Dr. G replied 7 months ago.

Hi. If my answers were of help to you please take a minute to leave a rating for me. This is how I get credit for my answers. Thanks.