Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.

I have a tooth pain that wont go away, i took 3 600mg

Customer Question

i have a tooth pain that wont go away , i took 3 600mg ibropfuen and still nothing
JA: Sorry to hear you're having tooth pain - that's hard. Fortunately, the dentist I'm going to connect you to can help you discover your treatment options ASAP.
Customer: i have no insurance so i dont know how to stop the pain
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: more information in regards ***** *****
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

It looks like you need to see a dentist ASAP. Since you mention that you dont have insurance, I understand that you would be interested in affordable dental treatment at the moment. Let me suggest a few alternatives to you:

1. Try to contact the local dental society in your area and see if there are any charitable organizations or foundations that will do your treatment for a reduced fee.

You can find the contact information of your local dental society by visiting :

2. Consider getting treatment from a dental school near you . The charges are lesser than those charged by a private practioner.

Here is a link with the list of all the dental schools in the USA:

3. Here is a website that lists dental offices that offer free and discounted clinics all across the country. Search for one in your area. Read each listing carefully as restrictions apply to some of the listed outlets.

4. One other option is to apply for CareCredit financing; their relaxed credit requirements facilitate payments for dental service that might otherwise not fit comfortably into your budget. You can refer to the CareCredit web site, which also has a directory for participating dentists. See:

Meanwhile, instead of taking just Ibuprofen, switch between taking 400 milligrams of ibuprofen (e.g., 2 tablets of Advil), and 1000 milligrams of acetaminophen (e.g., 2 tablets of extra-strength Tylenol) every 3 hours. Be careful not to use these medications if you have had previous adverse reactions to either, or if you have had gastritis or peptic ulcer disease in the past, or if you have liver disease.

If your tooth has a hole in it, try the “Toothache Drops” are available at your pharmacy and do not require a prescription. they contain clove oil which is very soothing to a tooth. Place 2 drops on a pellet of cotton and place the pellet in the tooth for some time.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Dr. Behere

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further question, do write back!

Dr. Behere