Dr. G
Dr. G, Dentist
Experience:  OMS
94852287

I had a temporary crown placed about a month ago, had the

Customer Question

Hi, I had a temporary crown placed about a month ago, had the bite adjusted. Went back for permanent crown and it didn't fit right so they put the temporary back on. As I was leaving town for several weeks. The decay in tooth was really close to the nerve but not exposed. I recently am having some sinus issues answer was curious to see if I needed a root canal or if it was just sinuses. There isn't any pain to touch tooth, but when I smile it throbs and when I touch my cheek beside my nose there is soreness. As I am 11 hours away from my dentist, I don't want to make the drive if I don't need to. Thank you
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. G replied 6 months ago.
Hi this sounds like it could potentially be an endodontic issue. One important step with crowns is the temporary so you know how the tooth is going to respond. It is imperative that these symptoms are evaluated and/or resolve before your final crown is cemented.
Expert:  Dr. G replied 6 months ago.
The other potential thing it could be is an unrelated sinusitis as you have mentioned. Empiric treatment for that is over the counter decongestants and antihistamines.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My dilemma is I am 11 hours from my dentist each way and I didn't know if I should make that trip, or just treat for sinuses
Expert:  Dr. G replied 6 months ago.
My suggestion would be to treat sinusitis first since you aren't having pain on the tooth itself. If it does not resolve then you can determine the tooth as source most likely. A walk in medical clinic can evaluate you for sinusitis or you can start with the suggestions above. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Also if you wouldn't mind rating me I would appreciate it as this is how I receive credit for my answers.
Expert:  Dr. G replied 6 months ago.

Anything else I can answer for you regarding this situation?

Expert:  Dr. G replied 6 months ago.
I would appreciate if you can leave a rating regarding my service for you. If I can do anything else or answer anything else please let me know :).
Expert:  Dr. G replied 6 months ago.
know if I can do anything else for you in terms of addressing your question to earn a rating. Thanks for your time.
Expert:  Dr. G replied 6 months ago.
Hi I'm curious if you have any updates about your symptoms?
Expert:  Dr. G replied 6 months ago.

Anything else I can do for you?