Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist
Experience:  29 year clinical Practioner
43314942

THREE HARD LUMPS IN LOWER GUM BELOW TEETH, NO. NOT RECENTLY,

Customer Question

THREE HARD LUMPS IN LOWER GUM BELOW TEETH
JA: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?
Customer: NO. NOT RECENTLY
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: Three seperate hard lumps below bottom teeth.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dentist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Just Dental Truths! replied 5 months ago.

Hello! Thanks for your question.

Are the lumps on the outside (towards the cheeks) gums, or the inside (towards the tongue)?

Also, how long have you noticed them? Pain? Growing or staying the same size? Also, might you be able to send a photo? Thanks.

Dr. Rampton

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Inside below lower teeth
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Inside below teeth No pain I cannot tell if they are growing. I am not sure how long they have been in the mouth
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am becoming nervous about them..(.not writing to you.) My limited research claims such description is common and not serious. It can be left alone. I do not recall when they first occured. I have felt them for a long time. I have visited regular dentists for exam and teeth cleaning. No mention of them, that I remember.

My computer just froze up, after I had typed a lot - sorry. ) -:

I'd NOT worry! It sounds like you have what is called "mandibular lingual tori". They are bony growths. Generally have been there for years, harmless, and I have them too, as does about 15% of the population. You may want to 'Google' them-

But, I'd not worry. Very common... and that's why your past Dentists have never mentioned it to you, because it's quite normal to see such in a lot of mouths!

*please review, Google, etc., and feel free to write back about any concerns you may still have - OK?

Does the above make sense?

I wanted to see what you thought. Does the " THREE HARD LUMPS IN LOWER GUM BELOW TEETH" seem to be likely appearing to look much like the 'tori' mentioned above?

I'd think it does, but thought I should check with you...

Dr. Rampton

*PS: Please "do" rate my answer if you would please. Also, if any further concerns, do not hesitate to ask - OK? All the best to you. ( -:

Hi, have you had a chance to see if what you have is indeed tori ?

How are the Tori ?

Have you been able to confirm that is what they are?